On Saturday, Oct. 22, New Jersey’s longtime Makin Waves music columnist Bob Makin and the carnival charming Roxy & Dukes nightclub in Dunellen, NJ will present four of New Jersey’s best bands, three of its most entertaining sideshow and burlesque acts, and free homemade Halloween treats.
Performing will be:
• The Black Clouds, a veteran Jersey Shore mix of The Stooges and The Pixies produced by Seattle’s legendary Jack Endino (Nirvana, Soundgarden), about to release and tour nationally behind a third indie LP
• Will Wood & the Tapeworms, a richly and diversely talented, circus-inspired punk cabaret act from North Jersey whose latest record, “Self-ish,” has gotten a national buzz in such publications as “New Noise”
• Experiment 34, a young “pyscho funk” band from New Brunswick who soon will follow a new video for the party anthem “Check Up” with three exciting tracks added to their acclaimed “Charismanic” debut EP
• The Production, a New Brunswick/New York City-based theatrical glam-rock band who recently captured their politically insane, post-apocalyptic mayhem on the well-received EP, “The First Kill.”
Between the bands will be:
• New Jersey’s Risqué Redhead, Vivi Noir, who will entertain with the aerialist and fire fan acts from her beloved Noir Follies, a troupe who performs monthly at Roxy & Dukes
• “Le Pain Proof Artiste” Gisella Rose, the Human Pin Cushion, who’ll perform her flesh-hooked suspension act into one of the band’s sets
• Amanda Zeiher, a tattoo and aerialist artist who is a sight to see in her Cirque du Soleil-like troupe.
TheWaster.com | New Jersey